Wednesday, February 10, 2016

"The Parasyte" Movie Reaction


"The Parasyte" Movie Reaction"

Parasyte is a science fiction horror manga series written and illustrated by Hitoshi Iwaaki, and published in Kodansha's Afternoon magazine from 1988 to 1995, but what we watch is the live action. This is the first time I've heard of it and it kind of disappointed me because as an anime fan, how come I've never heard of it.

The Parasyte starring Shota Sometani was released 29th of November year 2014 in Japan.



Before writing this blog, I watched the anime version and I can't stop comparing. There are many differences between the two but the main plot is still there. Also the story of the live action is kind of short compared to the anime version. Maybe it's because I haven't watch the part two of the live action. But still, it is a great movie.

My reaction about the movie is more focused on the part where Shinichi have to battle his Mother by his own because Migi just turned into a Sharp Weapon. I think for the side of Shichi, it is hard for him to battle his own mother because that person is the woman he loves. Of course, whose child can kill its own mother who raised them and protect them all their life? My tear just suddenly dropped when the mother talked saying “it’s me Shinichi " then it stopped its own attack to save Shinichi from it.

In the movie, it's not just about the Aliens entering the human brains via ear canal and taking control of their bodies. It also tells us about the love of a mother willing to risk her life just to protect her children until its last breathe. It has lesson to inform us viewers how powerful our love is. Because it is powerful, ever alien cannot control it.

No comments:

Post a Comment