Saturday, April 16, 2016

SANA DATI


Sana Dati (a Filipino Film)

Sana Dati (English: If Only) is a 2013 Filipino romantic drama film written and directed by Jerrold Tarog. The film is about a woman who stalls her big wedding when a guy with a camera shows up and reminds her of a love she once had.  It is the final installment to Tarog's Camera trilogy that includes Confessional (2007) and The Blood Trail (2009). The film competed under the Directors Showcase sidebar of Cinemalaya 2013. The film won Best Film and other technical awards at the festival's awards night.

During our English Enrichment Program subject, our professor command us to go to the Audio Visual Room and watch this movie. At first, I wasn’t that interested because I thought that it is just an Indi Film but while I started to understand the movie, I suddenly gained my interest. I said to myself that “I must watch this movie again from the beginning”.


What I liked about this movie is its plot twist. The part where they already killed one of the main character which is Andrew (Benjamin Alves) which made them focus on how Andrea (Lovi Poe) left with her heartbreak. It shows that she still wasn’t able to move on from Andrew but she is willing to marry Robert (TJ Trinidad).


It is funny when Andrea was interviewed by the brother of Andrew, Dennis (Paulo Avelino), just to know his brothers beloved. He even used the camera of her brother which is recognized by Andrea. That is why Andrea decided to marry Robert and abandon her after the wedding and run with Dennis but Dennis didn’t pick her up so her plan was ruined.


In the end, Andrea learned how to love Robert for real. She finally moved on from Andrew and have a happy life with her husband, Robert.

No comments:

Post a Comment